Restore Your Smile’s Natural Beauty
Missing teeth can drastically affect your life in a variety of ways, including a lack of self-confidence and not being able to eat some of your favorite foods. At Bennington Dental Center, we offer the number one solution for missing teeth: dental implants.
Dental implants look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth. Explore our guide to learn more about dental implants and how they can benefit your smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent and aesthetically pleasing solution to replace missing or extracted teeth. A dental implant restoration fuses with your jawbone for unmatched stability and replaces missing teeth from root to crown. Through a process called osseointegration, the dental implant will naturally form a secure bond with your jaw. Implants can be used to restore any number of missing teeth, and with proper care, can last a lifetime.
Are dental implants safe?
Yes, dental implants are safe. In fact, dental implants are great for improving overall oral health and protecting the beauty of your smile. The dental implant procedure has a 98% success rate and few complications.
Dental implants are also the only tooth replacement option that keeps your jawbone strong. When you lose a tooth, your jawbone will begin to weaken and threaten your other teeth as well as change your appearance. A dental implant can make your smile healthy and strong.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several benefits that other tooth replacement options can’t match, including:
- Natural look and function
- Secured to your jaw
- Resistant to decay
- Can last up to a lifetime
- Prevents jawbone from shrinking
- Maintained just like your natural teeth
The Dental Implant Process
The path to your new smile can be completed through a three-step process that’s typically completed over the course of a few months. These steps consist of:
- Initial Consultation– The first step of your treatment begins with a consultation with one of our Bennington dentists. During this visit, your teeth, gums, and jaw will be examined to determine if dental implants are the right option for you. Any supplemental procedures you may need will be determined and any questions you may have will be answered.
- Implant Placement– Once you’re ready, one of our dentists will fuse the implant fixture to your jaw and protect the surgical area with a temporary crown. You’ll need to allow three to six months for your implant site to fully heal before we can finish your treatment.
- Final Restoration– After your mouth has fully healed, you’ll return to our Bennington office for the last step of your treatment. We’ll securely attach your chosen restoration to the implant fixture to complete the process. Once it’s attached, you can instantly enjoy the many benefits of your brand new, beautiful smile.
How painful is getting an implant?
The dental implant process is minimally painful thanks to our advanced technology and techniques for easing pain. Our dentists are highly trained in the dental implant procedure and will always make sure you’re comfortable throughout the entire process.
The implant surgery won’t be painful because we’ll use a strong anesthetic to numb the area. After your surgery, it’ll take a while for the area to heal and you may feel some discomfort during this time. If you feel severe pain and/or bleeding, contact our office immediately. Though complications are rare, you may be experiencing one.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
More patients qualify for dental implants than ever before thanks to the technological advancements in dentistry. If you want to live your life without restrictions, dental implants could be the solution you've been looking for. Unlike dentures, implants fuse directly into your jawbone so they won’t fall out or slide around in your mouth.
How much do dental implants cost?
The cost of dental implants varies from patient to patient. There are multiple factors that contribute to the cost of your treatment including how many implants you need, the need for supplemental procedures, and whether or not your insurance covers a portion of the costs. To get an accurate price estimate, schedule a consultation with one of our Bennington dentists where they’ll develop a customized treatment plan just for you.
Restore Your Smile With Bennington Dental Center
If you want a restoration that allows you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence, dental implants are the top solution. Whether you’re missing a single tooth or a full arch, implants offer the ability to restore your smile’s beauty and health. Call our Bennington practice at (802)-442-9500 to schedule your consultation with one of our highly trained dentists or fill out our convenient online contact form.